Top Ad Banner

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

See How Nollywood Actress Was Brutalized By A Soldier

Actress Jewel Infinity has shared a disturbing story of the violence she suffered at the hands of a Nigerian Army officer during her trip from Port Harcourt to Onitsha.
According to the actress, their car was flagged down by a group of army officers stationed outside the south-south city (Port-Harcourt), and then an officer who she identifies as Sulaiman Olamilekan molested and then proceeded to inflict shocking injuries on her body.
Full post after cut...........................

Actress Jewel Infinity has cried out for help after she was left hospitalized, following a beating she received from an army officer in Rivers State. In a post on her page, she said:
"Please my good people, I'm sincerely calling out for justice against violence. I am hospitalized right now. I'm in serious pain and agony; in between life and death.I boarded a siena vehicle leaving Port Harcourt for Onitsha. We were pulled over by some soldiers.

One of them, SULAIMAN OLAMILEKAN, began to molest me. He accused me of discussing him, where I was only having a friendly debate with the lady beside me. I explained to him, but he ignored me and demanded I disembark, kneel down and apologise to him.

I told him I did nothing wrong to apologise. He started hitting me with a stick. The other soldiers confiscated and broke my phone, to prevent me from taking pictures. When I told them that I'd no longer proceed with the journey, they refused.


The driver drove off to some distance away from there, and I alighted and returned to Port harcourt and went straight to the Barracks to report him. His superiors pleaded that I shouldn't take the case any further; that he'd be remanded for one month, which i feel is not enough justice.

He was summoned and he confessed that i didn't do anything to have warranted his cruel action, that he was in a very bad mood. He begged me to forgive him and not take things seriously. Right now i am bedridden.

The doctor said I'm running temperature due to my high blood pressure. I am in serious pain and rendered partially immoveable. His facebook I.D is Sulaiman Olamilekan.
Please help me reach out to anybody in authority, who can fight this violence. Violence is indeed a cankerworm that has eaten us deep into every fabric of the Nigerian Army Force. Soldiers fight and protect their own, not to destroy the innocent civilians."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...